Reporting to the Sales Director, you will be responsible for the sale of electrical connectors and associated products from our portfolio to the motorsport electronics industry, in line with business objectives and targets.
- To maximise the sale of the Company’s motorsport interconnection products on a profitable basis.
- Responsible for identifying new business opportunities in existing and new markets.
- Maintain contact with all existing customers and develop new customers, build relationships, identify current and future opportunities, achieve design-ins and follow the progress through the subcontract supply chain to order point.
- Conduct customer visits to promote the products/services available from the Company and to identify potential new applications.
- To participate in product-specific marketing campaigns where necessary in order to support the Company’s marketing policy.
- To support all related design, marketing and pricing functions of the Company.
- Liaise with internal departments regarding price/delivery issues.
- Provide timely and accurate management information where necessary.
- To work effectively with existing Company policies and procedures.
- To undertake ad-hoc projects within functional responsibility in order to meet the needs of the business.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURS
- Must be able to demonstrate a technical appreciation of electrical connectors and their applications within motorsport.
- A proven track record of success in selling-in to the motorsport industry.
- Educated to HNC/D level (or equivalent) in an electro/mechanical discipline preferred.
- Familiarity with working in a BS EN ISO9001:2015 acredited business environment.
- Good personal representation and well-developed presentation skills.
- The ability to effectively plan and co-ordinate customer visits and present itineraries internally.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical data.
- Proficient in the use of IT.
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to work without supervision.
- An effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Commercially astute.
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach.
- Holder of a full, clean UK driving licence essential and be prepared to drive reasonable distances.
- Able and willing to stay away from home in the UK and abroad, as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Willingness to participate in trade shows and exhibitions.
- Holder of a full passport and be able to undertake business related air travel if required.
- Must possess the potential to grow and develop with the business.
Competitive salary + bonus + car
To apply, please forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org